Tuesday, October 23, 2012


Welcome!
         

           I created this site in order to show you the breadth of work I am able to do. Thank you for taking the time to view my work. 
           I have been painting since I was 10 years old. In college, I painted mainly portraits of people I knew and self-portraits. During Graduate school, I began digging into the emotional issues that I was beginning to face and created paintings and objects that felt and looked like what I was feeling... not pretty stuff. 
          After schooling I explored my dreams through painting, as well as the process of using color intuitively in landscapes. During this time I was teaching art to artists with disabilities, which was a fascinating and self enriching time. I also illustrated a book of flowers for an author, which created a lasting bond of friendship and emotional growth between us.   
          Currently, I am building a business where I work with the ideas and desires of my clients to create portraits of their loved ones, their beloved animals, and whatever else I can use my gifts to create for them. I also want to continue teaching people how to touch into this power of creating for themselves as a way to learn about their Self and the world around them.
          I am working on utilizing what I have learned at Expansions to create with clarity and compassion for my Self, and to be able to return those gifts to whomever my work belongs to.
          I appreciate and respect your time, and I thank you for "helping me harness the infinite power of my mind".

~Alison Hilary Corbalis